Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thinking of Sunday



Some of you, or maybe most of you will assume I must be crazy to treat Sunday as "the root of all things evil". I swear I want to love this day, but it makes it difficult for me every single time. Don't tell me you don't want to do something fabulous on the end of the week but somehow you run out of ideas when the time comes? Or how you want to cross off your to do list so many things during Sunday, but time magically flies away? And as the days become shorter and colder, it is even easier to let the last day of the week go by boringly, without excitement, zero productivity and too much food (this will never change, will it?). 
So my latest thought about my problem led me to the conclusion that we treat this day wrong. We all consider it the resting one, the joy of doing nothing, the ability to spend time with family and friends and of course the perfect opportunity to finish every task left in the middle. In the end we choose to do nothing of these and Monday finds us again restless, unorganized, unhappy and with much work to do. 
My genius discovery consists in planning Sunday (you might plan the whole weekend too - trust me it, will be great). Below are the plans I'd love to have squeezed into my day. Read them for inspiration and take 5minutes of your already lost Sunday to make a list for next week. 
We can do it. We can plan the great Sunday and change out fate forever :)

10.00 - 11.00
get up and stay in bed watching my favorite tv show, quick check my emails and turn laptop off

11.00 - 12.00
brunch
[use the coupon I bought 2 months ago before it expires and while weather is still sunny and dry]

12.30 - 14.30
create and shoot the blog DIY tutorial for the super simple idea I have on my mind for days
[I have the idea, the steps, the materials, everything - I just need 1hour to make everything and 1hour of photo editing for the blog post]

15.00 - 16.00
finish the movie poster [1 uninterrupted hour would be enough]

16.00 - 17.00
long bath, hair mask, face mask, a manicure freshening [anything self pampering]

17.30 - 18.00
read my favorite blogs

18.30 - 20.30
wine tasting date

21.00 - 21.30
eat something healthy at the end of a terrible eating day

21.30 - 23.00
prepare 2-3 blog posts for next week [note down any other ideas]

23.30 - 24.00
choose outfits for Monday - Tuesday and pick a fun thing to look forward to at the beginning and at the end of next week

24.00-01.00
read a book and try to sleep early


They seem pretty simple, don't they. I wonder why it is so intimidating to stick to doing what we enjoy...
For the moment grab a pen and make your list. Do it now because midweek will be busy and Friday/Saturday will be blank of ideas, totally empty. 
To changing the Sunday's fate!
Enjoy :)

| Love, Lisa |

8 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more with your sentence "We all consider it the resting one, the joy of doing nothing, the ability to spend time with family and friends and of course the perfect opportunity to finish every task left in the middle."

    Thats the best definition of a Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie thank you dear :) I am considering calling myself a "Sunday pro" from now on :)))))
      Have a nice week!

      Delete
  2. Mos mungo me kaq shume, kemi nevoje per ide :DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo Jona shume faleminderit. Ju kerkoj ndjese dhe ju premtoj me shume ide :)
      Te uroj nje jave te mbare!

      Delete
  3. It seems like you had a very productive Sunday!!

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I did Narae. This is only my dream program. I only accomplished a few of the listed things :(

      Delete
  4. Wait, I just fell in love with your blog. Also, Sundays are my favorite. <3

    xx
    Alice
    aldasworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel flattered Alda. Glad you like it.
      Your blog looks fun too, so expect my regular visits ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...